Want to add some new flavors to your pet’s nutrition apart from dog yak chews? If you feel like cooking and don’t mind experimenting in the kitchen, prepare some homemade chews for your pet.
There are many simple recipes you can try at home, with some requiring only 2 ingredients. Knowing you want them to be as quick as possible, we included 5 quick and easy dog chews that require only a few ingredients.
5 Quick and Easy Dog Chews Recipes
- Peanut Butter Banana Chews
Peanut butter is a dog’s all-time favorite flavor, so why not make this 3-ingredient dog treat?
Ingredients: 1 banana, ½ cup unsalted peanut butter (NO xylitol), 1 cup oats.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mash up the banana in a bowl and add peanut butter and oats. Mix them well.
- Pour the mixture on parchment paper and cut it into pieces or shapes.
- Place it on a baking sheet.
Bake for 10-20 minutes until the cookies turn golden.
- Frozen Pumpkin Yogurt Dog Treats
Here’s a 2-ingredient dog treat recipe you can’t miss. It takes a few minutes to prepare and it’s a perfect summer dog treat.
Ingredients: 1 cup pumpkin puree, 1 cup plain yogurt
- Mix pumpkin and yogurt in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture into large ice cube trays.
- Freeze for 24 hours.
- Frozen Chicken Dog Treats
If you’re looking for a way to use chicken leftovers, here’s an idea – prepare some tail-wagging-good chicken treats for your pet! 2 ingredients and 15 minutes of prep time is all you need for this recipe.
Ingredients: 1 ½ cups chopped, cooked chicken, 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- Mix the chicken and yogurt in a bowl until well combined.
- Take ½ tablespoon of the mixture and throw it onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Flatten it with the back of the spoon.
- Repeat this until all mixture is gone.
- Put the baking sheet in a freezer and wait until they’re frozen.
- Remove them from the baking sheet and store them in an air-tight freezer bag with a zipper.
Potato Dog Treats
Here’s another 2-ingredient dog chews recipe that is easy to make and woofy delish. Treat your pet to some tasty potato treats you can make in 20 minutes.
Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat flour, 8 oz sweet potato puree.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and coat a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Mix the flour and potato puree in a bowl. If needed, add a tablespoon of water.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface to a half-inch thickness.
- Shape the biscuits with a cookie cutter.
- Place them on the sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Apple Sauce Dog Treats
Want to create some long-lasting dog chews? Two ingredients and a few minutes is all you need to create yummy chews your dog will adore.
Ingredients: 1 cup of apple sauce, 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- Mix the apple sauce and pumpkin puree in a bowl.
- Spread the mixture evenly over a parchment-layered baking sheet.
- Bake at 175 degrees for 7-9 hours.
- Let it cool, then cut it into small slices.
Homemade dog treats are a great way to add variety to your pet’s nutrition. And, contrary to what many dog owners believe, making them is very simple.
Our 5 dog chews recipes use a few ingredients and don’t take much time to prepare. They encompass a variety of flavors and textures that are sure to keep your furry friend tail-waggingly happy, so you can’t miss them out!