Have you thought about giving your dog dental sticks but are worried about their safety? If you’re a first-time dog owner, you’re probably not familiar with these dental treats for dogs. They have become quite popular in the past several years due to their ease of use and benefits.
Dog dental sticks are convenient oral care products that serve as treats and chew toys. They clean dogs’ teeth and keep them busy for hours. According to vets, they are safe and entertaining for your dog.
Are Dental Sticks Good for Dogs?
YES! Dental sticks are good for your dog because they are:
- Made of natural ingredients – High-quality dental sticks are made of 100% natural ingredients that have been organically grown. They are mostly single-ingredient or limited-ingredient products to ensure quality and safety.
- Free from artificial ingredients – Dog dental treats don’t contain any additives, preservatives, artificial colors and flavorings, binders, and other harmful chemicals.
- Nutrient-dense – These chews are rich in vitamins, minerals, and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- High in protein and low in fat – Being rich in protein and low in fat, these treats support your dog’s proper development but don’t make them fat.
- Highly digestible – Dental sticks are moist, have a smooth texture, and are rich in proteins, which makes them chewable and easy to digest. Hence, you don’t have to worry about your dog choking or being harmed from the sticks cracking and causing lacerations in its mouth or digestive system.
- Flavorful – The dental chews for dogs are delicious, containing a natural flavor, such as milk-turmeric and peanut butter.
Dental Sticks Health Benefits
Apart from being healthy and safe, dog dental sticks are also beneficial for your dog’s oral health. They clean dogs’ teeth and reduce plaque build-up by as much as 70%. They also improve gum health, prevent gingivitis, and reduce bad breath. For puppies, dental chews help strengthen their facial muscles and masticatory force.
However, the most important benefit of dental sticks is that they prevent dental disease in dogs. This condition causes bad breath (one of the reasons for it), loose teeth, cracked teeth, and falling teeth. And, unfortunately, they develop it by the age of 3 to 5.
Dental Sticks Are Fun
Dental chews for dogs are not only beneficial for their health but also entertaining. Chewing and salivating over a chew is one of the dog’s favorite activities.
Buying your dog a long-lasting dental chew will keep them busy for some time. They’ll have lots of fun salivating over their new favorite treat and you’ll be able to enjoy a drink in peace. It’s a win-win situation!
Not All Dental Sticks Are Made Equal
While dog dental sticks are beneficial and safe for your dog, beware of the brand you choose. Not all dental sticks available on the market are made equal. Some dental chews are made of 100% natural, organically-grown ingredients. However, some contain chemical ingredients, such as sodium tripolyphosphate, potassium sorbate, and iron oxide, as well as additives, preservatives, artificial flavors and colors, and other harmful chemicals. So, make sure you do research about the brand and read the label before buying dental sticks for your dog.